About this project
We are thrilled to have the support of the Levine Family Trust to make your $1 dollar into $2 dollars because they will match the funds we raise on Citizinvestor.
We, The Friends of Reservoir Hill, are supported by the Pagosa Springs Community Development Corporation (CDC), a non-profit organization, and have the blessing of the Town of Pagosa Springs to move ahead with the plans submitted. Please go to this link to see our Observation Deck plans: Observation Deck Proposal - Now Approved
The Friends have championed local citizens who wanted to preserve Reservoir Hill as a nature park when development threatened to change its character forever. The Friends of Reservoir Hill petitioned the Town of Pagosa Springs for a special election concerning their plan to put a chairlift and mechanized rides in our town wilderness park. We felt that the community as a whole should have a say as about the future of our Town Park, which resulted in a special election. We won the right for residents to vote on whether or not the Town Council could proceed with their mechanized development plans.
In the end the Town Council changed their direction due to the passion that residents demonstrated that lead up to the election. Council has accepted our proposed building of the Observation Deck to be completed before the summer season of 2014 as the beginning of a new future for our Town Park.
Please help us reach our goal of $5,000 over the next 60 days to fund the following tasks to complete the Observation Deck:
- Timber Framing
- Roofing and decking materials
- Cement piers
- Picnic tables
All donations are tax deductible, but your cash donation of $300 or more is also eligible for an Enhanced Rural Enterprise Zone Colorado state tax credit of 25% with approval from the Region 9 Economic Development District, since the Pagosa Springs CDC is an “Enhanced Enterprise Zone Project.”
Pledge amounts and rewards for donating to this project: (click on the amount below to enter your pledge)
- $10 - $24: A thank you on our website for your support
- $25 - $74: A thank you on our website for your support and a cup of coffee at the Pagosa Baking Company
- $75 - $149: A thank you on our website and (1) appetizer at Kip’s Grill and Cantina
- $150 - $249: A thank you on a plaque at the Observation Deck and (1) 60-minute massage includes a day pass at the Overlook Hot Springs
- $250 - $499: A thank you on a plaque at the Observation Deck and 1 single day ticket to either Folk n Bluegrass or Four Corners Folk Festival 2014 (Max 10), a day pass to Healing Waters Spa (Max 10) and a Family Portrait by Kierstan Correnti Photography www.kierstancorrenti.com (Max 5)
- $500 - $999: A thank you on a plaque at the Observation Deck and 2 single day tickets to either Folk n Bluegrass or Four Corners Folk Festival 2014 plus (1) couples massage at the Overlook Hot Springs (Max 5)
- $1,000 and beyond: A private late night (not open to public) party at the Overlook Hot Springs with up to 25 guests and one complimentary beverage per guest. (must be scheduled in advance) (Max 1)
How can I be certain that the municipality will use my money for a particular project?
We've got your back! Before any project is posted to Citizinvestor, our partners agree that the money you donate to a specific project will only be used for that project.
Will my credit card be charged if a project doesn't meet 100% of its funding goal?
No! We require that a project be funded in full before any money changes hands. If a project is only 99% pledged once the deadline hits, nobody's credit card gets charged, including yours.
When will my credit card be charged?
Your credit card will be charged the same day in which a project reaches 100% of its funding goal.
Is the money I donate to projects on Citizinvestor tax deductible?
Yes! Under section 170 of the United States. Internal Revenue Code, it states that contributions made to political subdivisions for exclusively public purposes are categorized as charitable contributions. However, with all tax matters, we recommend that you consult a CPA.
Are there any transaction fees included in the project goal amount?
Each project's total cost includes a 3% credit card transaction fee and a 5% fee for Citizinvestor's services. These fees are only paid if the project reaches 100% of its funding goal.
Please register or login to ask a question.